Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ramblings...

After a long day's work, Jordan and I had an appointment with Dr. Saghal yesterday.  It couldn't have been a more positive appointment!  He noted progress in nearly every area and was clearly tickled when she referred to him as "my doctor".  Her progress is so promising that he opted not to schedule any more Botox injections for the time being and will be keeping her medication at the same level!  This may not seem like much, but this is the first appointment in a long time where he has not increased the dosage, so I consider it a win!  He is not the first doctor to note Jordan's internal drive, incredible motivation, and advanced intelligence... but it never gets old hearing it from "the professionals".  And yes, there's also comfort in knowing that it's absolutely 100% true!  So when Jordan throws herself on the ground like a typical 2 year old, and then screams persistently for twice as long and twice as loudly, I remind myself - this is same characteristic that has helped her accomplish so much already!  This is one little girl that will always have me super willing to take the bad with the good, because as it turns out, the bad in her IS super good!!  And sure, she's a bit spoiled - but let's face it, hard work should be rewarded!!  So before you judge my Princess, be warned, you should be careful how you talk to the Queen!!

The countdown to Karter's arrival continues!  I have 4 appointments left on the books, and I'm told that will be it unless my doctor requests more!  My next appointment is this afternoon - and this will be my last non-intrusive appointment.  If you've ever been pregnant, you know exactly what I'm talking about!!

There is so much preparing left to do!  We still need to figure out the closet situation, make Karter's bed (which is currently buried in the wonderful gifts she has received), pick up nipples for her bottles, clean up the carseats and stroller, and many more things that have yet to be identified!!  But we continue to make progress.  Last night, Jordan, Daddy and I toured Akron General, where Karter will be delivered.  The rooms are small, but all private.  The facilities are new, and overall, it seems like a great place to welcome Karter into this world!  Have I mentioned how not ready I am to welcome Karter into this world...?

No comments:

Post a Comment