Sunday, April 17, 2011

I consider it a success!

Friday was the start of something wonderful!  It was my first day as a stay-at-home mama.  The morning started out with 3 excited girls, eager to get things going in the right direction!  With 3 full bellies, we had Jordan to school a few minutes early!  Sure, mama didn't have time to put socks on, but those are the details that we'll work out with time. 

Karter and mama did a little Walmart and BabiesRUs shopping before picking Jordan up at school.  What I shouldn't mention is that we swung by the school 2 times before actual pick up time, just to make sure that we wouldn't be late. 

Once back at home, we played and hung out, and when both girls went down for their naps, I began painting the kitchen.  I didn't finish, but it wasn't for a lack of trying!  Tim and Flo (previous homeowners) didn't do us any favors with the striped white painted walls which have been a pain to cover!!

So as the day came to an end, I couldn't help but smile inside.  The day was an absolute success and was enjoyed by all!!

Grandmother came to visit later that evening and spent the next morning with the girls so that Jared and I could get to our 2nd mediation for Jordan's lawsuit.  Just 2 months shy of 3 years, we have reached resolution.  Our agreement didn't leave anyone excited, but I think everyone involved is relieved.  It is difficult to know how things would have turned out in court next month, but we'll never have to find out.  What Jordan receives will make a difference in her life, and that makes the whole thing a success.

Jordan lights up when she sees our attorney, who she affectionately refers to as "my friend, John".  3 years ago, John was the first person to mention the words "cerebral palsy" to me.  The words weren't welcomed, but they needed to be said.  Once we started understanding Jordan's condition, we could help her better.  And the more time I spent with John, the more knowledgable I became about what Jordan was going through.  And the more knowledgable I became, the more questions I asked when we were with her doctors.  And the more questions I asked, the more actions they took.  And now, 3 years later, Jordan is sitting on the floor unassisted playing with a puzzle with a bright future ahead of her.  What John has done for this family cannnot be measured and cannot be expressed with words, but consider this my attempt - he has given us hope, he has given us guidance, he has given us strength, and now he has given us resources to help Jordan have the fullest life possible for her.


Wow.  2 big successes in 2 short days!!  I wonder what tomorrow will hold!

1 comment: