Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Reflections of a long and lovely 2010

Being on leave has given me an opportunity to sit and think; not something that I claim to do much of otherwise.  My thoughts today have been mainly geared around remembering 2010 with a smile and with amazement that we more than survived, but we have grown in so many ways!  [And here is where I will begin bragging on my family...]

In 2010, we witnessed Jordan accomplish an unbelievable list of achievements including first words, sentences, and paragraphs, assisted and unassisted sitting, mobility through crawling and using her gait trainer, giving hugs, kisses, and unconditional love, making friends and going to school, becoming a big girl and now a big sister!  [We are so proud of our Jordan Rose and love her so much!]

In 2010, Jared and I made and delivered a healthy baby girl who is a welcomed addition to our family and hearts.  [We love our Karter Kaye!]

What most people don't know is that we have been involved in a messy lawsuit for the past 2 1/2 years related to Jordan's birth injury.  In 2010, we learned what we always knew; Jordan's condition was 100% avoidable.  We also learned the name of the individual who forever changed our daughter's life, as well as the specific shortcomings and incidents of the night.  But my biggest lesson was in learning to accept what can't be changed and in learning to overcome the hate that had entered my heart.  In 2 weeks, we will be meeting with the defense and pray that we will meet resolution and will close the book on yet another chapter of bumps and bruises so that we can move on to more highlights and excitement in 2011 and beyond!

Through all of our personal challenges and achievements in 2010, we TRIED to maintain composure.  Jordan is the most loving of children, so I know that although we definitely waivered at times, we never completely failed at keeping it together.  God never promised that it would be easy, but it is always worth it.

So when I think back on 2010, I can't do it without tears in my eyes.  And although some of those tears are from sadness and pain, most of them are from pride and joy.  We have grown! 

1 comment:

  1. We are proud of the Rinker Crew as well! Especially Jordan and all that she has accomplished despite some tough obstacles. Much love from our Rinker family!

    ReplyDelete